Would you like to play a role in feeding the future sustainably? Are you piglet focused and ready to build sustainable solutions for our customers? Then Trouw Nutrition has a very interesting role as Swine Research Scientist for you!
As a Nutreco company, Trouw Nutrition’s mission is to feed the future. In a world with limited natural resources, our ambition is to meet the rising food needs of a growing world population in a sustainable manner.
Our Innovation Organization plays a key role in fulfilling Trouw Nutrition’s mission. We drive the development and commercialization of innovative feed technologies and unique digital solutions. Our solutions are designed to sustainably optimize animal nutrition and animal health through all life stages.
Research & Development (R&D) is a part of the Innovation Organization, and within R&D is our Swine Nutrition Research Team. Our team develops and creates novel nutritional solutions, including fundamental nutritional strategies, feed additives, and feeding programs targeting specific industry challenges to enhance productivity and producer returns. Our work directly contributes to creating a more sustainable food chain, because our nutritional solutions enable farmers to optimize their farming business and make better decisions on animal performance and animal welfare, whilst managing costs.
We are an enthusiastic team with a wide range of projects - if this appeals to you as well, our swine nutrition team would be excited to welcome you on board!
As a Swine Nutrition Scientist (piglet focus) you build sustainable solutions for our customers that enhance piglet performance and production efficiency while enhancing overall health and welfare in the post-antibiotic era.
What are your key accountabilities?
- Initiate, lead, and manage basic and applied multi-disciplinary swine (piglet) R&D projects including literature review, protocol design, data analysis, interpretation and reporting;
- Play an active role in developing an idea through to a commercial product
- Develop novel techniques for answering research questions and educate research technicians in their use;
- Generate new project ideas through interaction with colleagues in commercial and scientific environments;
- Present results at internal and external scientific meetings;
- Participate in cross-functional matrix-organization research teams;
- Forge highly-competitive external R&D collaborations;
- Maintain and build a network of professional contacts through participation in industry and scientific associations.
What you bring
You have a proven track record in research and product development and/or quantitative nutrition in the area of swine nutrition and digestive physiology. You will take responsibility for actions, projects and people. Besides that, you initiate and generate activities and introduces changes into work processes. You are a natural team player with strong communication skills. You accept and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm. You identify own development needs and make use of developmental or training opportunities.
What you bring
- PhD in Swine or Animal Nutrition or DVM with 5+ years of experience as a swine researcher on product or program development projects in the industry; Master’s degrees in Swine Nutrition Science with 10+ years of experience and excellent track record and references will also be considered.
- Proven track record in successfully managing multiple development projects.
- Advanced analytical skills, and deep understanding of analytical models (statistics).
- An intense competitive edge; self–motivated and results-oriented;
- Strong experimental design, statistical analysis (SAS) and computer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills are required;
- Fluent in English (writing and speaking), and knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- In this fulltime position with our office in Amersfoort, The Netherlands, you will report directly to the Global Swine Research Manager.
Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. Our advanced nutritional solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for agriculture and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future.
Our mission Feeding the Future captures a big challenge: feeding 9 billion people in 2050. Our responsibility is twofold: we need to make a significant contribution to meeting the rapid increase in worldwide demand for food; on the other hand, we need to find the right balance in order that we can realize growth while making also responsible choices for people and planet.
We believe in three core elements to future success: strategy execution, innovation, and competence of our people. Our values; capable, caring, collaborative and innovative are supportive of those three core elements.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nutreco is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Nutreco is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
What we offer
Working for Trouw Nutrition means working in a fantastic position in an international working environment with lots of development opportunities.
We can offer you:
- Challenging work on complex and diverse topics;
- The opportunity to grow professionally, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally;
- An informal multi-cultural working environment with great colleagues;
- Opportunity to develop an international career;
- No-nonsense, pragmatic, flat organization, with direct reporting lines;
- Belonging to the SHV Family with more than 60.000 employees.
What else is in it for you?
- We offer you a fulltime position, 40 hours per week in Amersfoort;
- Your position will be classified in a Hay scale;
- 30 vacation days, with the possibility to sell or purchase a limited amount of days;
- Attractive salary based on skills and experience -paid in 12 monthly payments- plus Holiday allowance.
Are you the candidate we are looking for? We would like to hear from you! You can express your interest in this role by clicking the button “Solliciteer’’ and we will contact you as soon as possible. For more information regarding this vacancy you can contact Jeffrey Duyzer (Corporate Recruiter) on +316 39272811. In case you do apply, we like to thank you for sharing your ambition with us!